Friday 20 January 2012

Where will we end up?



I learnt some pretty devastating news earlier this week. An ex-boyfriend of a dear friend passed away over the weekend. Such a waste of a young, intelligent, prosperous life. I got me thinking about all sorts of things deep and meaningful. By choosing the easy path out, he is missing out on so many great experiences in life and leaving behind a big gaping void that his family and friends will forever attempt to fill.

If I could have one wish, it would be to have the ability to look into the future and see where I end up in life. As an organiser and planner, all the uncertainty and unknowns that go with life distresses me no end. I want nothing more than to know that everything will be okay. That I will end up finding someone I dearly love and who loves me in return; that I will end up finding a job that challenges and fulfils me; that all the handwork I put into uni will be rewarded; that I will bring about good and great changes and most importantly of all, that I will be truly happy.

But this wishful thinking is purely that... wishful. Instead, I will have to settle for what I know today (which sometimes doesn't seem like much at all) and trust that fate will carry me along the path I am meant to travel. After all, as my mother constantly reminds me, everything happens for a reason. I just wish I knew the reason - but don't we all?

No comments:

Post a Comment